Peptide Therapy: TRIO, The Fountain of Youth for your Skin
To Read About Blog Topic, Scroll Down
If you are a doctor or clinician looking to make a bigger impact on the world, have more job satisfaction and have up-to-date protocols and treatment solutions for your patients, check out our free functional medicine training led by functional medicine expert, Dr. Miles Nichols below.
Get Your Free Training Here
Plus additional BONUS training videos on treating tough cases of brain fog and cognitive impairment!!
Peptide Therapy: TRIO, The Fountain of Youth for your Skin
We have recently written many blogs about peptides. To recap, a peptide is a small protein, made up of a chain of amino acids. They can be used therapeutically to help with different health conditions. Click on the links to see our articles on peptide therapy, HGH, CJC 1295/Ipamorelin, BPC 157, PT 141, Ta1, VIP, Thymosin Beta 4 and KPV.
As we age, our skin changes. Wrinkles, crow’s feet, sun spots, damage to elastic and collagen fibers and other skin changes happen with age (Park J, 2020). Different peptides have been developed to improve skin’s appearance, which are used in skin care products (Park J, 2020).
Could Trio be the Fountain of Youth for your Skin?
Trio is a cosmetic cream that decreases the effects of aging on the skin. It is a synergistic combination of three different peptides: Leuphasyl, Argireline, and GHK-Cu. Trio is made by Tailor Made Health, a supplements company using peptide therapy. We use a number of their products in our clinic. Tailor Made Health makes solutions for anti-aging, muscle repair and growth and anxiety relief. Their Trio skin cream ‘reduces depth of wrinkles, stimulates collagen and has anti-inflammatory effects’ (Tailor Made Health, 2021). Trio is made of (Tailor Made Health, 2021):
- Leuphasyl is the trademarked name for the peptide Pentapeptide-18
- Argireline is the trademarked name for the peptide Acetyl Hexapeptide-8.
- GHK-Cu is a naturally occurring copper peptide found throughout the human body.
What does the Scientific Research Say About these Three Peptides?
Leuphasyl or Pentapeptide-18
Leuphasyl (pentapeptide-18) is a cosmetic peptide that acts as a neurotransmitter inhibitor (Park J, 2020). This gives it Botox-like effects such as reducing fine lines and wrinkles, and improving firmness (Park J, 2020). Leuphasyl is a little less effective than Botox injections, but it lessens wrinkles while still preserving facial expressions (Dragomirescu AO, 2014).
Combining Leuphasyl with Argireline has a synergistic effect, with better results (Dragomirescu AO, 2014). Leuplasyl and Argireline together work better at reducing forehead wrinkles compared to periorbital wrinkles or crow’s feet (Dragomirescu AO, 2014).
One study with Leuphasyl and Argireline showed that it is more effective in young people. The skin improvement is more visible and faster than in mature people (Dragomirescu AO, 2014). This is thought to be because young skin can regenerate more easily (Dragomirescu AO, 2014).
Argireline or Acetyl Hexapeptide-8
Argireline is another Botox-like cosmetic peptide. It is used for collagen stimulation, wound healing, wrinkle smoothing and whitening effects (Park J, 2020). It is effective in reducing wrinkles, by up to 48% with 4 weeks of twice daily treatment (Lim SH, 2018). It induces relaxation of facial muscles similar to Botox, but without any risk of toxicity (Palmieri B, 2020).
In one study, 10% Acetyl hexapeptide‐3 and placebo creams were applied twice daily on 10 women. Argireline resulted in a nearly 30% improvement in crow’s feet wrinkles around the eyes after 30 days, vs. 10% improvement from the placebo (Gorouhi F, 2009).
Another trial compared cream containing 5% Leuphasyl against a cream containing 5% Argireline and a cream with a combination of the two (Gorouhi F, 2009). Wrinkles decreased by 11.64% with Leuphasyl, 16.26% with Argireline and 24.62% with the combination of the two (Gorouhi F, 2009).
GHK-Cu is able to (Pickart L, 2018):
- Increase collagen synthesis
- Tighten loose skin and reverse thinning of aged skin
- Repair protective skin barrier proteins
- Improve skin firmness, elasticity, and clarity
- Reduce fine lines, depth of wrinkles and improve structure of aged skin
- Smooth rough skin
- Reduce photodamage, mottled hyperpigmentation, skin spots and lesions
- Improve overall skin appearance
- Stimulate wound healing through tissue remodelling
- Protect skin cells from UV radiation
- Reduce inflammation and free radical damage
- Down-regulate the expression of metastatic genes, giving it an anti-cancer effect
- Impact gene expression for anti-aging
Leuphasyl is free from side effects (Dragomirescu AO, 2014). Acetyl hexapeptide-8 did not show any particular adverse effects (Palmieri B, 2020). GHK-Cu is safe, inexpensive and extensively studied (Pickart L, 2018).
The synergistic combination of Leuphasyl, Argireline and GHK-Cu is also safe and effective for slowing and even reversing wrinkles (Tailor Made Health, 2021).
There is always the chance of potential interactions with other medications a person may be taking. It is very important to work with an experienced Functional Medicine practitioner when taking peptide combinations. Our clinic has extensive experience with peptides and can help you.
** Please stay tuned for our next blog on more Peptide Therapy! **
Love Our Blog And Interested In FREE TRAINING?
FREE Training Includes:
- Access to 27+ Modules of Functional Medicine Coursework
- Live Q and A’s to Answer Your Functional Medicine Questions
- Info on Lab Testing and Easy to Implement Protocols
- To Sign Up Go HERE
Access Our Functional Medicine Training for only $1 for your first month! Check it out and stay if you like. Leave if you don't!
Are You A Clinician Who...
- Wants to deeply impact your clients?
- Struggles with complex cases?
- Lacks ideas?
- Feels frustrated or stuck?
- Wants better results?
- Wants to learn with experts?
- To Sign Up Go HERE.
Are You a Suffering from Chronic Illness?
Does your current health situation look like this…
- Do you feel that you have tried many things and either nothing works, or the treatment does not hold?
- Have you been told that there is nothing that can be done to reverse your illness and you just need to manage symptoms?
- Does your illness impact your work, your family, your happiness and your social life?
We specialize in finding answers and solutions for complicated chronic illness when people feel like they have tried everything. If this sounds like you, book a free call with us to see if we are the right fit for your health goals.
Dr. Miles Nichols has spoken for the following organizations:
Recent Blog Posts
There was a problem reporting this post.
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
- See blocked member's posts
- Mention this member in posts
- Invite this member to groups
- Message this member
Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.